BEST BROCCOLI SALAD
This recipe originally came from the Hopewood Recipe Book, which is a health retreat in NSW, Australia. My friend in Sydney, Leigh gave it to me as a gift! Every time I make this dish, people love it – it truly is delicious, while being nutritious and a perfect combination of all the vitamins and minerals! Cruciferous vegetables contain an enzyme called Indol Carbonyl-3 which helps the liver to cleanse/process excess oestrogen, that’s why the Brassica family (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, pok choi and kale) are so important for cleansing your body! This is a delicious way of getting more of these nutrient packed vegetables into your diet!
Nutty Floret Salad
- 1 cup Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup Snowpeas de-veined and sliced
- 1/2 cup Almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut lightly toasted
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Organic, extra virgin, cold pressed
- 2 tbsp Tamari or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic grated or minced
- 1 tbsp Honey raw
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
Combine all the vegetables and nuts together for the salad
Combine the dressing ingredients and mix together well
Pour dressing over the salad and toss until the dressing is well combined!
Place in the fridge covered with beeswax wrap (good for the environment as re-usable) until ready to be served!